WORKSHOP 1: EFFECTIVE TEAM PLAYER
Organisations work best when employees work as teams not groups of individuals. Understanding the difference between “teams” and “groups” is critical. This workshop looks at what it means to be an effective team player and what you can do to develop the required skills. It also helps you understand the behaviours that you need to stop or those that you need to start doing. This reflection leads into action with the workshop requiring you to commit to action so that skills are transferred from the learning environment to your workplace.
As a result of this workshop you will:
- Determine how you, as an individual team player, can actively support the team leader
- Identify the attitudes and behaviours and disciplines required of great team players
- Understand the stages in the evolution of teams and how you contribute to ensuring that the team consistently delivers to a high level of performance
- Identify ways in which individualistic well-intentioned behaviours can limit and frustrate team performance
- Determine and commit to personal behaviours to improve the team’s cohesion, performance and collective spirit